Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Drunken Bastards

I got a call from my Sales & Marketing Manager last Sunday morning. She was going to be late to the most important trade show of the year.

This is why...


Yes, that's her company car, a Smart fourtwo. For my American reader, that's a car that's the size of a shoebox. It gets around 90mpg.

The neighbours told her that a pack of drunken early twenty somethings, all men of course, did this. They thought it was ever so funny. They pushed and pushed and pushed. After all, the whole car only weighs 700kg. I'm just glad I believe in karma.

What is it with boys, alcohol and Saturday nights?

8 comments:

Matsby said...

You know I have a theory that alchohol makes people do dumb things.

Chester The Bear said...

Yeah. I just wish they'd have done dumb things to someone else, or better still, each other.

You don't see packs of girls running around at 2am pushing cars over. Girls just get easy.

But boys...

FPrince said...

Wow, did I just read that?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just surprised you put it out there like that.

I've been known to hold hands with even C students after 12pm and an unholy consumption of Tang.

Chester The Bear said...

I just call it like I see it.

Of course, not ALL girls, and varying degrees of easy (as in 'C' students... what are you thinking girl!). But you definitely don't see them smashing stuff and picking fights. Not outside the trailer park anyway.

Jade said...

I think it depends where you are at 3am on a saturday night...Ive seen girls smash stuff and pick fights in the western suburbs once...thankgod I live in the mountains...we breed a better class of drunk...

Chester The Bear said...

Ah yes. "The Western Suburbs".

And they say the reputation there isn't deserved.

Anonymous said...

I think, they just tried to see how they could wear it?
Or maybe they tried to wrap it around something.
And I don’t know, if they can be blamed after all. Hey, if you had been drinking just a tiny little bit: what would the car look like to you? A Bobslade (I am sure, this is not correctly spelled - but I have such a good excuse; I am danish), a dishwasher, a wheelchair?
Hi hi, Inge

Chester The Bear said...

Hey. My car's NOT a dishwasher!