Monday, September 24, 2007

Viewing Pleasure

In my rush to ignore my birthday, I forgot to mention that I bought myself a birthday present... a massive 47cm wide (18.5") widescreen LCD monitor.

It took a little getting used to, but now, all I can say is "wow". Widescreen gives one the ability to see so much more of what you're doing, and if I didn't spend so much time playing games on it, I'm sure my overall productivity would have increased.

The best part was that it was on sale, reduced from $599 to $399, which I know is still a slab of cash that I didn't really have but I'll justify the outlay by saying that, as I spend so much of my life sitting in front of it, it's worth it. Apparently,it has a lower "carbon footprint" than my old monitor too, though that, of course, doesn't take into account the carbon produced to make it (or the environmental damage caused by the disposal of the old one) so it's just as well I don't really care about such things.

2 comments:

e said...

Yay, love the fancy tv's!! Happy viewing.

Anonymous said...

I just bought myself an "I'm buying myself something" present - a Roomba robot vacuum cleaner/ cat terrorizer. I convinced myself that I NEEDED it desperately despite the high pricetag...bad, bad.