Thursday, May 29, 2008

Illusion

I was (metaphorically) thumbing through Scientific American online today, and came across a great piece on illusion. GO HERE.

The pic above is an example. Square A and Square B are actually the same shade of gray. No. I didn't believe it either, so I copied the pic into photoshop, cut out a piece of B, and watched amazed as it disappeared when I moved it over A.

The point of the article? Nothing is real. What we see and feel of our outside world is only an immaginary construction by our brain of what it thinks the outside world is like...

...which all comes back to a point I've made time and time again here... beware of what you see. Beware of what others see, and try to push on you as "truth". It's all just made up.

1 comment:

Matsby said...

Wow! I had to use photoshop before I belived it too.

And I still can't believe it.