Monday, July 28, 2008

YouTube With Neurones

I came across the most wonderful website today. It's called TED, and you can find it at www.ted.com.

Refreshing, energising, stimulating, expanding, thought provoking, captivating, mind blowing. I'm sure there are more superlatives but it's after 11 and I'm tired, mostly from spending much of the evening stimulating my brain.

You see, TED's tagline should give you a hint. "Ideas Worth Spreading."

I'd like to think of it as a YouTube for people with a 3 digit IQ. I can guarantee you that you won't find anything that remotely resembles "Funniest Home Videos", "Big Brother" or even "Cops". What you'll find is a collection of great minds sharing great thoughts.

Go to TED. Spend a few hours. Expand your brain, your horizons, and your outlook on life. I did, and I've just scratched the surface.

2 comments:

e said...

Isn't it wonderful? If you haven't watched this yet, I recommend http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html (it's wonderful and will completely transport you).

Identity Crisis said...

Thank you so much, Mr Bear!