Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Catastrophe!

Photoshop stopped working last night. It just won't load. And before I hear any sniggering behind my back, yes, it is a legit copy.

This is going to put the Aug 24 launch in doubt because there's a mountain of graphics that need to be tidied up to make everything look nice. (And if there's one thing I've learned, it's that looking nice is important.)

Frustrating.

UPDATE: It's now 11:30pm. Photoshop's been off line for more than 30 hours. I've been working on this all day, and finally found the solution buried deep in the web. It seems my Photoshop preferences file was corrupted, though how or by what I know not.

I'm exhausted. Tracking down a failure like this is bloody hard work. Damned computers. Today was a timely reminder of an important axiom... "the problem with computers is that they don't work, so as long as you start from that basic preconception, everything you get from there is a bonus".

The upside... Wroof! is back on track (sort of).
The downside... I've decided to take some pressure off and put the launch back a couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need a celebrity endorsement?

Matsby said...

I'd never heard that Axiom. It's great!

And I know how bad it can be when Photoshop goes down.

Microsoft Paint just doesn't cut it.

Anonymous said...

phark that photoshop bizzo. that's why i don't have it. i keep my PC very simple indeed. the less programs i have, the smoother it runs. sorry to hear it gave you grief, that's no fun.
am so looking forward to the wroofster :) xxx