Monday, December 08, 2008

Suspended?


I was flicking around the channels looking for something moderately interesting to watch at 5.30 this morning (couldn't sleep... feeling it now... bloody tired). We have Fox cable with the whiz bang on screen TV guide thingmy, to aid in viewing choice.

Fox Sports had this synopsis...

NY Giants v Philadelphia
The Giants will be without star receiver Plaxico Burress, suspended for 4 weeks for accidentally shooting himself.

I'm sure it's an old story for those of you living in the Excited States, but for the rest of us, the whole concept is absurd.

3 comments:

e said...

Oh it's even better than absurd. The idiot went into a night club with a gun in the waistband of a his sweatpants (I kid you not!), apparently with the safety off. When the gun (duh!) starting sliding down his pant leg, he reached down for it and in so doing, shot himself in the thigh. I think he was suspended for being too stupid to be alive. We'll be seeing this story in this year's Darwin Awards, no doubt. Runner-up, cos he lived, but nonetheless.

Chester The Bear said...

Seriously?
Life truly is more entertaining than fiction. If you made this shit up, no-one would believe you.
What a wonderful world we live in!

e said...

I know. I didn't believe it until I read it in the paper. And even then I had to check to make sure it wasn't April Fool's Day.

Not to be too harsh, but the best result would have been achieved if he'd at least shot himself in the nuts, that way no tiny idiots running around waiting to shoot themselves.