Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Divorce

You know, it's been eight years since I last saw my wife and I decided today that it's time for a divorce.

Not that I haven't tried before.  Several times actually, but she steadfastly refused to participate in a joint application so I have to go it alone.  Actually, when I say she 'steadfastly refused', what I mean is I wrote to her via her parents because I do not have her address.  To date, I've had no reply, except one from them saying 'she'll contact you' which she hasn't.

So... today I called the Family Court and asked for advice.  What does one do when one's partner just doesn't want to be found?

I took time out this afternoon to visit the Electoral Commission to see if she's registered there.  No joy... I found four people with her name but without a birthdate, I have no way of knowing if any are her.

Ah well.

What I may have to do is 'go' to court, stand before a judge, and petition for 'substututed service' so that I can have the papers served on her parents (if indeed they still live where I though they lived), or, if I don't know where she lives, apply for 'dispensation of service' so I don't have to serve them at all.

In desparation, I've sent her parents another email.  Give me her address.

Bah!

No comments: