Friday, November 03, 2006

Sleep Deprivation

It's about two hours after "bedtime" and I'm still sitting here wasting time in front of this keyboard.

I'll eventually get to bed, and I'll get about four or five hours' sleep. Tommorrow will be somewhat wasted because my brain won't actually start functioning until after 11, which is about an hour after my first meeting ends.

I wish I could say this was unusual but I'm almost ashamed to admit that it's the norm. Yes... "ashamed", because the way I figure it, I don't have enough self discipline to know when to get some sleep. It's rare that I'm in bed much before midnight. 1 or 2 am is "normal".

They say most of the western world suffers chronic sleep deprivation. Then again, "they" say a lot of things, and the more I read what they say, the more cynical I get about their motivation for saying it.

See? Sleep deprivation also leads to mild paranoia.

No comments: