Thursday, June 21, 2007

Favourite Things

My most excellent friend, CAW, has a list of favourite things on her blog, and I thought it was a good idea.

Hmmm... it's a tough list to compile, but here's a few of my favourite things, in no particular order:

HEAD - The stone 'split personality' sculpture I carved at a weekend long art retreat a few years back.

OCEAN - The blue watery looking painting above my bed, and
DESERT - Ocean's 'partner', still unframed in my cupboard

THE MUZONDO - A single breasted torso sculpture which may or may not be from the semi-famous African sculptor, Joseph Muzondo, which I bought for a few bucks from 'a connection close to the artist' . If it really is an original Muzondo, it may well be the most valuable thing I own by multiples... my one and only 'art investment'. If it isn't, I don't care... it's a fabulous piece of art.

THE BIG BASKET - Belonged to my grandfather, and was used as a shipping container for fabric before there were shipping containers. It's large enough to store a body in (no comments please), and dates back to the 1930's

SYDNEY HARBOUR - and especially Balmoral Beach, one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

AND, OF COURSE, THE STUFFED CHESTER (AND ANGUS) - It's a pretty good likeness.

If I've offended anyone by leaving things off the list, too bloody bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remember that basket! you could stuff an entire family of elephants in there and still have room for a small car!
sydney harbour. yes. i'm adding that retrospectively, by proxy, to my list. thanks for that one.
and your view.
i shall add that to my list as well becuase chester, your view over the yachts and the bay is spectacular on a sunny day over iced tea :)