Saturday, March 24, 2007

League of Nations

That's what my bowling league is called.

And each of the teams is named after a country (that usually reflects the country of origin of the team members). There's Greece, Lebanon, Syria, Italy, England, Greece II, Lebanon II & III, New Zealand, Fiji, Hong Kong, Korea, Vietnam and even an Australia.

...except for my team (which I joined long after it was formed), and which is named "Dream Team". I have no idea why, and it's embarrasing to play in the only team that doesn't have a real name.

Therefore, I have informed my team mates that this week, we're going to change our name. We have a shortlist...
  • Burundi
  • Botswana
  • Moldovia
  • Tasmania
  • Senegal
  • Togo
  • Monaco
  • Hutt River
The front runner is Derkaderkistan.


Team America: World Police, saved the world from the evil terrorists of Derkaderkistan.

Nominations, though, have not yet closed...

11 comments:

pitfinder said...

Great, now I'm going to have this
Damn Song stuck in my head for the next few days.

Chester The Bear said...

That song is BLOODY fantastic! Thank you!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

And thank goodness Australia made it in, 2nd last, but there!

Anonymous said...

How about "Togo-a-gogo" ???

Chester The Bear said...

I'd call it Team America, just for fun, but there are too many opponents of middle eastern appearance to make that a safe choice.

Identity Crisis said...

Try this version of the song...

Chester The Bear said...

'Modulation'... love it!

B. said...

Have you decided yet? Don't keep us in suspense, man!

Chester The Bear said...

Derkaderkistan got up by 3 votes to one.

So we're officially "Team Derkaderkistan".

And the team we played against yesterday
a)knew what it meant (which is definitely not going to be the norm)
and b)comprehensively kicked our behinds, even if I rolled my highest score (168) in more years than many of the readers of my blog have been alive.

B. said...

Nice. I don't know if you've ever been over here but the real America is exactly like it is in the movie. Especially the vomit scene.

The other day my 16 year old brother rolled a 277. I don't think I've ever cracked 120 and I have my own ball and everything.

e said...

Man, that is so cool. Now I have start my own team of something and call it Team Derkaderkistan. And I haven't even seen the movie: the absurdity of the name has enough sex-appeal for me.