Thursday, February 21, 2008

What Are The Odds

I was driving Dr J's car today... I had a series of pick-ups and frankly, the little Smart's too small for all but the groceries.

She has a personalised number plate... JAE002. Her initials (with 002 attached).

My round trip took me to the four corners of Sydney.

And on the way home, I pulled up behind a car with the number plate JAE003. There are probably two million cars in Sydney. Calculating the chances of pulling up behind a car with a consecutive personalised number plate will make my brain hurt, though I suspect it's probably a number with eight or nine, or even ten zeros on the end.

It's not important, but I tend to notice these things.

5 comments:

Identity Crisis said...

Hmmm...if you can find that by chance...someone should be able to hit a satellite or find Osama.

Anonymous said...

LOL, phenomenal odds! that's hilarious and yes, it's just the kind of thing that a) would happen to you and b) that you would notice. :)

Matsby said...

Wow. You should have followed them home.

1blueshi1 said...

I'm from Virginia, originally, and in VA it's only ten bucks for a personalized license plate. So, surprise, VA has more of them than any other state! When I lived there, my plate read ZACATTK. LOved it.

e said...

Darn, and you without a lottery ticket!