Sunday, April 15, 2007

Spare A Thought...

I don't know why, but the story of Titanic has always had a very special place in my heart. No... not the Cate and Leo version... the real story, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

I'm a little better now, but there was a time when I'd just have to see a photo of the ship and I'd burst into tears. I will admit that I sobbed through Cameron's movie, from the moment the ship appeared on the screen, right through to the very end.

So spare a thought then... for today, 95 years ago, the unsinkable Titanic stood perpendicular with her stern facing the stars then slowly, deliberately, plunged forever into the deep of the Atlantic.

1503 people lost their lives. Maybe I was there.

2.10am, April 15, 1912.

2 comments:

B. said...

Huh. Well I'll be darned.

e said...

Yeah, I cried during the movie too. I was particularly upset about the two kids on their bunks with their mom as the water was rising.