Monday, May 28, 2007

A Most Excellent Game

This post will be about as interesting to most of you as a story about dust on my bookshelf.

I don't care, because the miracle I'm about to describe made me feel pretty bloody good for at least ten minutes afterwards.

You see, dear reader, I bowled my highest ever official league score last Wednesday. 210. And in that, I closed EVERY FRAME. If you don't know that that means, don't worry about it.

For those that do, here's the scoresheet...

[ X ][ X ][ 9/][ 9/][ 5/][ X ][8/ ][ X ][ X ][7/X]
[ 29][ 49][ 68][ 83][103][123][143][170][190][210]

And it means that new ball works a treat.

It felt good. I just wish I could remember how I did it, because the previous two games were less than average and I don't actually recall doing anything different, other than just relaxing a bit. Maybe that was the secret.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, did you end up getting the eyeball ball?

Chester The Bear said...

noo. ended up with the world in my hands.

Matsby said...

Well, congratulations. The only problem now is that you must retire and never bowl again in your life.

That way you go out on top. Like James Dean.

B. said...

From my favorite movie:

[holds up bowling ball] "What the **** is this?"

"Obviously you're not a golfer"

e said...

Woo hoo! I broke a hundred once. Before then, I think my high score was 68.