Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Terrorists Strike In Second Life

I'm sorry. I thought I was kidding with my last post. I thought that talk of virtual terrorists detonating virtual bombs and destroying virtual buildings was... um... just a very bad joke.
Apparently not.

THIS happened, and Auntie's island in Second Life was decimated by a terrorist bomb.

(For those non-Aussie's among my readers, "Auntie" is the term of endearment we use to refer to the ABC, our national government owned radio and TV broadcaster, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.)

Here's a pic of the devastation...

Inset is how the island looked before the attack.

And I promise, this is my last Second Life rant.

4 comments:

e said...

So...why even call it second life? I mean, how is this diff from regular hackers coming in and messing things up? What is second life? Is it enough to be on the computer with email and a blog? Or do you need an avatar that runs around doing "life" things? The whole thing seems weird. Am I missing something?

Anonymous said...

they blew up auntie? what a tremendously low act. is someone going to be charged with pixelated terrorism? or pointing a cursor with intent to destroy?
it's pretty bizarre, no?
the 2nd life thing is a tad wasted on me. i just can't see the point. i mean, i've heard how rooly trooly amazing it is, but i just cant bring myself to check it out. im really just lazy at heart i think.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Auntie, they blew up Auntie?? She'll need an extra 8c a day to rebuild that poor old dear. What utter bastards, a POX on them (I aim to use POX at least once a day).

Awright13 said...

Thank you for the translation for us that are out of the loop. It made the blog much easier to understand.