Monday, October 15, 2007

Ignoble Prize

I'm not going to comment too much about the Nobel Peace Prize, other than to say that I agree with a commentator I heard on the radio over the weekend who said that the award to Al Gore reduces the Nobel Prize to the level of the Eurovision Song Contest.

For an interesting perspective, see the words of pioneering climatologist Dr William Gray, who told a packed lecture hall at the University of North Carolina over the weekend that humans were not responsible for the warming of the earth.

He went on to say "It bothers me that my fellow scientists are not speaking out against something they know is wrong," he said. "But they also know that they'd never get any grants if they spoke out. I don't care about grants."

So... it's about money and power... and not about "saving the world". Really? What a surprise.

Go HERE.

No comments: