Saturday, February 24, 2007

Scamming The Lads - Priceless

There's nothing that can occupy an ADD mind like mine for 5 minutes quite like those lads from Lagos.

I had a lengthy exchange a few months back with a Mrs Maxwell who, apparently, was dying of cancer/stroke/boils in a Hospital in Libya.

She was looking for someone to help her carry the 36mil her husband had put in a trunk and left in a Self Storage place somewhere in Lagos. Of course, she wanted most of it to go to orphaned children without parents (like there are any other kinds of orphaned children), and there'd be a 25% commission in it for me because she needed a dumb white person to help her con the people who owned the storage place to pull out the bolt cutters, snap off the padlock on the garage door and get the loot out of there.

She was also a little foggy on why so much cash was there in the first place, and even more foggy on how many trunks, and how much they weighed, whichj meant renting the right sized ute/pick-up from Avis at Lagos International Airport would be a challenge.

Luckily, I can create and destroy email addresses at will, so I said my name was Smart (with the email address to prove it), which, of course, let me suggest we create the Maxwell Smart Foundation.

Ok. So you had to be there. It was a little funny at the time, but I'll admit to being an amateur when it comes to scamming Lads from Lagos.

THIS PIECE from scamorama.com has been my favourite for a long time...
...or at least it was before I tripped over this one from 419eater.com, which is priceless, especially if you're a Monty Python fan like me...

3 comments:

pitfinder said...

(laughing to tears)
The palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob.

FPrince said...

Somehow my dear aunt got a hold of my email address and has been forwarding me this kind of lovely forward-trash, in the mode of "If you hate the Taliban, forward this to 18 people..." Seriously. Ew. Who has time for that? Oh. Uh huh. Yeah, that makes sense. My aunt.

Identity Crisis said...

Oh, Chester, Thank you for finding this...I am a Python fan from waaaaaaaaaay back. Beautiful.