Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Superbowl - The Best Bits

Sadly, I missed most of the superbowl game. I had to be at the office firing someone's ass (see previous post).

It didn't matter... we don't get to see the best bits anyway. You see, the broadcasters here think people watch the Superbowl for the game, so during the ads, they cut to station promos or some guest commentator.

Thankfully, the wonders of the intenet can fix that.

Of course, everyone's fave was the Bud ad with the poor liddle doggie, but this one from GM is brilliant.



Other honourable mentions to the Taco Bell ad with the lions, and the Coke ad with the guy in the old people's home.

5 comments:

Identity Crisis said...

Thanks for that. I didn't get to see any of them.

caw said...

Yah, I so loved the wee robot. If there were a Robot Adoption Program, I'd have taken him in in a jiffy.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

I almost teared up, I'm such a sucker for emotional manipulation.

Chester The Bear said...

"almost"?

I did tear up. That poor little robot. You just want to give him a big hug.

e said...

Okay I'm a bit late on this one, but here in the US there was a mini-controversy about this ad because people complained that it encouraged depressed and lonely people to commit suicide. Sigh...